The members of the Romanian Association of Finance and Banking — RoFIBA are individuals (academics, scientists, Ph.D. students and professionals) and legal entities (institutions, associations, organizations, universities, research centers, and any other entity with or without legal status) compatible with the purposes, principles, objectives and activities of the association in terms of professional training, the profession, the scientific concerns, the activities performed or the profile, which adhere to and undertake to observe the association's charter.
Category of members of the Romanian Association of Finance and Banking — RoFIBA
The founding members
Founding members are represented by individuals who established the association and morally and financially contributed to its founding and in the establishment of its initial registered assets. The founding members hold implicitly the capacity of associated members.
Associate members are individuals and companies that become associates after the association's founding and morally and materially contribute to the association's assets; there are allowed to become associate members individuals from this country or from abroad with professional and scientific interests corresponding to the finance-banking field and related fields, and legal entities from this country or from abroad, with profile, specific activities or interests related to the association's specific.
Honorary members are individuals and companies who brought and bring outstanding services to the association or who scientifically or financially support it. Scientifically prestigious personalities or institutions from this country or from abroad, with notorious scientific contributions and achievements in the finance-banking field, and that contributed to the promotion and development of this field can be honorary members.
Supporting members are individuals and companies who join the association and for material and moral support in its implementation.
How to become a member of the Romanian Association of Finance and Banking — RoFIBA
Individuals and companies who want to become associate or honorary members of the Romanian Association of Finance and Banking — RoFIBA must meet the following prerequisites:
- be a person with interests in academic finance-banking field and related fields;
- adhere to the principles, values and objectives of the professional-scientific association;
- assume the rights and obligations incumbent on it as a member of the association;
- be recommended by a member of the association;
- complete an application for membership by expressing a desire to be part of the professional and scientific association of economists with interests in finance-banking field and related fields.
The application form and a recommendation from a member of the Romanian Association of Finance and Banking — RoFIBA will be sent by email to the address email@example.com
Honorary Membership of the association is obtained based on the proposals of two founding members and approved by simple majority vote of the Board of Directors of the Association. Honorary members of the association are not entitled to vote in the Board of Directors and the General Assembly, but they may attend in the meetings of these governing bodies based on an invitation made by the Board of Directors of the Association.
Rights of the members
The association's members have the following rights:
- to participate in all activities initiated and organized by the association or in which the association participates, depending on the interests and qualification profile of each member;
- to attend in the general meetings of the association and the decision making in this governing body, through the free expression of his own vote;
- to elect and be elected in the governing bodies of the Association;
- to free and unrestricted expression of its personal views on any aspect of the operation, activities and objectives of the association;
- to benefit without obstruction and discrimination of the material, professional, scientific, academic and legal information facilities, and of publishing and editorial valorizing of their scientific contributions in research topics at the association level;
- to participate in the preparation of research papers, studies, surveys, scientific publications within the association or under the association's aegis;
- to represent the association in other associations, organizations, companies or institutions, based on a mandate granted for this purpose by the Association's Board.
Obligations of members
The association's members have the following obligations:
- to pay the subscription on time;
- to observe the Association's Charter and Articles of Association;
- to act in the association according to the association's charter;
- to support the objectives of the association and the association's activities;
- to help in promoting the association, in providing for national and international visibility of the association, in increasing the prestige of association;
- to continuously act in order to attract in the association major academic, scientific personalities, remarkable and well-known professionals in the field of finance-banking and both from this country and from abroad;
- to perform the tasks received from the governing bodies of the association provided they do not violate the interests of the association, the principles of morality, professional ethics and legislation;
- to actively and in good faith engage in achieving all the objectives of the association and conducting all activities initiated by the association;
- not to undertake actions that negatively affect the image and reputation of the association to which it belongs and not bring any professional, scientific, moral or human prejudice to this association;
- to respect and promote professional standards in their work and high ethics.